Monday, May 17, 2010

Tender Tushie

So- lets start with last week.  Last week I purchased this bad boy: 

(Or girl? We don't quite know yet, but I am sure a name will come soon.)

Then the morning came, and with it my first bicycle-commute to work, then my commute home, then the next morning and the same thing there and back... What did I learn?

  1. I need a bike app for the iphoney that does not suck.
  2. There are some idiots on the Green Belt *I am probably one of them*
  3. Cool real-life-bicycle-commuters wave with the hand that is on the inside of the path, just like those cool motorcycle dudes.
  4. Mat Kearney, Ingrid Michaelson, Dixie Chicks, DeVotchka, Keane, and The Court Yard Hounds are great for this ride!
  5. I am out of shape.

Somewhere in there I went down-town for a lunch.
So that is somewhere around 26-28 miles in 2 days. Boom.

And now we are to Saturday- which I took off from riding because why? I have no idea, I should have cycled but I didn't.

Sunday: Bikes with Buds! Drove to LayneStreet and jumped back on the Wilshire. There were flat tires, there were 2 bike stores, there were long-boards, margaritas, and treat-snacks, and one more commute home (+6 more miles)

I figure its over 37 miles in 3 days.  The saddle is comfortable, I feel great and can't wait for the next ride, and I am pretty sure the Garden-City-Bicycle-Police-Man recognized me- and thinks I'm cool (two waves on two bikes at the same time on the same side.)

2 comments:

  1. What kind of bike apps are there?

    ok i'm photohunt don't know why I can't change that
    -Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh KERRY! um, there are all sorts of GPS bike apps! They tell you how fast you were going, your top speed, time, time you were going, time you were stopped, they map your route, and at the end they give you a foot rub... not too shabby!

    ReplyDelete